According to WHO(World Health Organization) Many people who smoke become addicted to nicotine, a drug that is found naturally in tobacco. This can make it hard to quit smoking. But the good news is there are proven treatments that can help you quit.
Benefits of quitting smoking and alcohol
It is common knowledge that smoking is bad for a person’s health as it can cause a wide range of health complications including cancer, heart attacks, and strokes
- Improves health status and enhances quality of life.
- in 12 hours, the carbon monoxide level in your blood drops to normal.
- benefits the health of pregnant women and their fetuses and babies
- Within 20 minutes, your heart rate and blood pressure drop.
- 15 years, the risk of coronary heart disease is that of a non-smoker’s.
- 2-12 weeks, your circulation improves, and your lung function increases.
- 1-9 months, coughing and shortness of breath decrease.
- 1 year, your risk of coronary heart disease is about half that of a smoker’s.
- 5 years, your stroke risk is reduced to that of a non-smoker 5 to 15 years after quitting.
- in 10 years, your risk of lung cancer falls to about half that of a smoker, and your risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, cervix, and pancreas decreases.
Tips on how to quit smoking
- Exercise away the urge
- List your reasons to quit
- Tell people you’re quitting
- Use stop smoking aids including nicotine patches
- List your smoking triggers and how to avoid them
- Keep cravings at bay by keeping busy
- If you have tried to quit before, remember what worked
Some best quit smoking and tobacco products available in the best online store in India Dr. KP Kathuria Chemist.